The following video is brought to you courtesy of the NutritionFacts.org YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Welcome to the Daily Dozen Challenge! Today we are launching a Daily Dozen Challenge to help more people discover how easy it is to fit some of the healthiest of healthy foods into their daily routine.
I’m kicking it off by publicly challenging three of my friends and you to try to check off all the Daily Dozen servings for one day (based on my Daily Dozen checklist seen here: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist). Then you challenge more people, and on and on, and soon lots of people will be eating healthy!
My challengees are:
-Toni Okamoto, founder of Plant-Based on a Budget (https://www.plantbasedonabudget.com)
-Jeff Morgan, host of Guilt-Free TV (https://www.YouTube.com/c/GuiltFreeTV )
-Sonya Looney, professional athlete and podcaster (https://www.sonyalooney.com)
-And all of YOU, of course!
Join me by:
1. Accepting the challenge: Pick a day to eat the Daily Dozen, and then release your own public announcement asking others to do it. You can share this video or the web page www.nutritionfacts.org/daily-dozen-challenge.
2. Posting a picture or video about your experience and tagging 3 more people to challenge them: Use the hashtags #HowNotToDie and #DailyDozenChallenge in your announcement post and ask others to do the same. Let people know they can track their Daily Dozen on our free iPhone and Android apps. You can challenge 3 people personally, or ask all of your friends!
3. If you or your “challengees” are unable to complete the Daily Dozen challenge you can ask them to consider donating $12 to help spread this life-changing life-saving info to others. Use this link to make your donation: https://bit.ly/2pFnRca
If you don’t have it yet, my new cookbook (www.nutritionfacts.org/cookbook) has tons of green-light recipes to help reach the Daily Dozen (all proceeds from my books go to charity).
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/