The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Many people have switched to glass bath and shower enclosures, but in the past five years, more than 2,000 have checked in to the emergency room for injuries caused when the glass doors shattered, sometimes spontaneously. Inside Edition took a look at a danger most consumers know nothing about. “It sounded like a bomb went off,” a mother named Amy said. “It burst into smithereens, basically.” She said the glass door of her shower spontaneously exploded with her 12-year-old son inside.