The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Sky News YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
Anyone who lies on a passenger locator form faces up to 10 years in prison.
The new rules for England include:
• Hotel quarantine for UK travellers from 33 “red list” countries for 10 days in an assigned hotel room. They must book a quarantine package which is £1,750 for an individual travelling alone, including the room and transport. This booking system will go live on Thursday.
• For all arrivals: PCR tests will need to be taken on day two and day eight of quarantine – these will need to be booked through the government’s online portal before they travel.
A prison sentence and fines up to £10,000 for anyone ignoring the new rules:
• £1,000 fine will be given to any international arrival who doesn’t take a PCR test. This will rise to £2,000 for those who don’t take a second test.
• There is a £5,000 fine, rising to £10,000, for red list arrivals who don’t go to hotel to quarantine.
• Anyone who lies on a passenger locator form and tries to hide they have been to red list country in last 10 days faces up to 10 years in prison.
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more videos: http://www.youtube.com/skynews
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/skynews
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skynews
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skynews
For more content go to http://news.sky.com and download our apps:
Sky News videos are now available in Spanish here/Los video de Sky News están disponibles en español aquí https://www.youtube.com/channel/skynewsespanol”